INDALYZ MONITORING & PROGNOSTICS (IM&P) is a young IT company developing and implementing innovative prognostics software solutions in the areas of monitoring and maintenance management for individual and complex plants as well as machinery clusters. Modern sensor systems in conjunction with our sophisticated prognostics software and also advanced networking technologies make a predictive condition-based maintenance strategy economically feasible. Applying our prognostics software unexpected breakdowns with often severe damages can be reduced to a minimum resulting in an extension of running time and both combined consequently enable a significant reduction of operating respectively maintenance expenses. Based on a continuous input of sensor data from an already existing condition monitoring system (CMS) our prognostics software is able to forecast the wear condition of each technical component over a certain specified period of time. Our predictive condition-based concept allows not only an optimized maintenance planning but also intelligent control mechanism and long-term economic information (e.g. earnings forecast) can be generated.
In the past two decades, maintenance strategies for machines and technical equipment have undergone a revolutionary development.
Until the 90’s reactive and time-based maintenance strategies, usually based on fixed service intervals were predominant. Due to the rapid development in the field of sensor and computer technology these maintenance strategies have been replaced by preventive condition-based maintenance strategies (Condition Monitoring Systems – CMS), but in many areas of applications CMS has already reached its limit.
The future belongs to predictive condition-based maintenance strategies based on intelligent prognosis methods that can individually forecast the future machine status in order to be able to optimally plan maintenance.
For this area, IM&P has developed a successfully tested prognosis software, which is characterized by a very high forecast quality and will revolutionize maintenance planning.
Our customized, forecast-based maintenance system differs from the few currently on the market available predictive condition-based strategies by:
- the application of a universal prognosis software package for any equipment/machine and vehicle types. Only the modifiable peripheral software modules have to be adapted to each type and the customer requirements.
- the ability to master previously unknown malfunctions of system components with artificial intelligence and to process for rational maintenance recommendations.
- the collective nature of the prognosis software package applied. As a result, the mutual influence of individual system components, and thus the impact of the damage of a component on other components are being recognized efficiently.
Areas of application
Our prognosis-based maintenance system can be applied for a very wide range of plants, machinery and vehicles. Based on recent development output the following areas of application arise:
- Wind plants
- Railed vehicles
- Cable cars
- Turbines in hydroelectric and steam power plants
- Marine engines
- Pipeline and pump systems as well as compressors
- helicopter engines
- Press and printing machines
- mining machinery und and conveyor
IM&P offers a customer- and system-specific prognosis software solution for predictive condition-based maintenance systems that represent an important advance in the development of modern maintenance strategies.